We strive for clarity in our relations with you. Our terms and conditions aim to protect our travelers and ensure they receive services as promised. Since 1997 we’ve helped thousands witness beautiful Cuba. Fulfilling Cuba travel dreams is our ethos. Our goal is for travelers to return home delighted.
Legal and safe Cuba travel for Americans
Cuba Explorer is licensed by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) under section 31 C.F.R. §515.572(a)(1) to send Americans to Cuba legally. All travelers to Cuba from the USA (and Cuba travel companies) are required to retain Cuba travel documentation for five years. All Cuba travelers must have a valid passport and a Cuban Tourist Visa to enter Cuba. Cuban born travelers require special documents to visit.
Payments, cancellations, and refunds
- All payments are processed under the name Zunzun Education Services, our parent company.
- Tour deposit After you register for a tour and pay a deposit, you have a 48-hour grace period to cancel your tour registration, and have your deposit returned. After 48 hours, your deposit becomes non-refundable but is good for life. It is fully redeemable for future travel or transferable to a friend.
- Final payment is due 30 days before departure.
- Notice of cancellation must be received by email.
- Cancellation 30 days before travel Your lifetime deposit is credited towards future travel, and other payments received are returned to you.
- Cancellation 29 to 15 days before departure Lifetime deposit plus half of payments received are credited to future travel. Balance of payments are non-refundable (lost).
- Cancellation 14 days before departure Loss of all payments, except lifetime deposit.
- Refunds and credits are not extended to participants who arrive late for a tour or depart early, or who miss air flights or don’t show up for the tour.
- Shared room cancellation If you cancel your tour and were sharing a room with another tour participant, the cost of a single room supplement will be deducted from your refund, if any, or your deposit.
- Trump protection policy Should the Trump administration enact additional limits on travel to Cuba that prevents a client from visiting the island, we will refund all money received in full, including deposits.
Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
Travel insurance covers nearly everything that can go wrong before or during your trip. Don’t let illness, injury, or work problems result in financial loss. We strongly encourage you to purchase insurance to protect your travel investment.
When really bad things cause tours to be canceled
Tours will be canceled if natural disasters, global economic instability, USA military, economic, or political aggression against a destination country, pandemics, or acts of God prevent travel. These types of awful events are known as “force majeure.” Money you’ve paid to us for services are credited-in-full for future travel. We cannot refund air tickets. These sad examples are refundable when you purchase travel “cancelation for any reason” coverage.
Reductions in tour prices
From time to time we reduce tour prices in an attempt to rescue prepaid rooms and services. If a tour price is decreased, a traveler who paid a higher price will not be reimbursed the difference.
Cuba conditions are way different than in the USA
Cuba has particular features, which may not appeal to you including weather, food, water, local customs, etcetera. Island living standards, conditions, services, and accommodation are much lower than the United States. We cannot be held liable for these differences.
Scope of service, tour content, and hotel changes
Our services comprise ground transportation and accommodation, breakfasts, and lunches and dinners as detailed in your program, activity fees, airport pick-up and return (transfers), a licensed bilingual guide and translator, and licensed car or bus chauffeur. Specific inclusions and exclusions in the itinerary you purchase govern. We reserve the right to replace itinerary activities and substitute hotels mentioned in your itinerary with similar activities and accommodations as things always change in Cuba.
Cuban laws, island entry, and participant behavior
Tour participants must obey the laws of Cuba. Failure to do so relieves us of all obligations. Travelers denied entry into Cuba can hold no claim against us. Services will be denied to a participant whose conduct, before or during travel, impedes the safe, enjoyable course of a tour.
We welcome your questions and concerns
We are happy to discuss any concerns you may have about our terms and conditions. Click here to contact us.