Maps.me is an incredibly comprehensive offline map app for Android and Apple phones and tablets.
YOU MUST DOWNLOAD before you come to Cuba (because the internet here is really slow when available)!
Maps.me functions entirely offline with scores of fun features. This means you don’t get costly roaming charges. And you don’t need to subscribe to American or Cuban cellular services.
It’s free, fast, detailed and entirely offline maps with turn-by-turn navigation visual and voice used by 50 million travelers worldwide.
Finding a paper map of Cuba is difficult and they are pricey when available. Most lack detail or are out of date. They are cumbersome, rip, tear and get wet and wrinkly. And they are hard to read at night.
Maps.me is favored by thousands of Cubans and island visitors to quickly find difficult locations in Havana and around the island.
- Save on mobile data and roaming charges, no internet is required.
- All maps and all features are free. Always were and always will be.
- Use driving, walking and cycle navigation anywhere in Cuba and the world.
- Directions to points of interest, hiking trails and places missing from other maps.
- Maps are updated by millions of OpenStreetMap contributors daily. OSM is an open-source alternative to Google Maps and Mapquest. You can contribute too!
- Offline search, GPS navigation along with optimized maps to effectively save memory space.
- Save locations you love and share them with your friends.
- Search through different categories, e.g. restaurants, cafes, tourist attractions, hotels, ATMs and public transport, and more.
- When cycling or walking, the app shows whether the route is uphill or downhill.
- Cuba map size: About 25MB